This blocked in doorway is where the curate would have entered the church in the past.
It was certainly blocked up by 1902 when the pulpit was installed inside the church but may have been blocked earlier.
From the inside of church this doorway would have been below the armorial and equidistant between the two windows near the pulpit.
The opening is neither wide nor tall and shown no signs of a doorframe or fittings.
This plaque above the priest’s door is constructed in the same style as the doorway. It names the Wardens and Masons involved in raising the walls of the nave (this main part of the building) prior to installing the gallery and is dated 1740