The present font was installed in 1902 at the time of the major refurbishment of the furniture, fixtures and fittings within St. Mary’s Church.
This image was taken during the Flower Festival but the font is used regularly to baptise children.
We also have an “Old Font” by the rear wall opposite this font. It may have been the previous font for our church. This “Old Font” was found at Bull Hole Farm and given to church.